46th Riverside National Karate Championships
17 January 2018
Dear Instructors, Competitors, Students and Friends:
Greetings and best wishes for a wonderful 2016. I am especially pleased to invite you to participate in the 46th Riverside National Karate Championships on Sunday, May 20, 2018, at Cap Baptist University in Riverside, California.
BIG NEWS! ALL GENERAL KUMITE DIVISIONS THIS YEAR WILL BE USING MODIFIED WKF RULES! SPECIAL SHOBU IPPON DIVISIONS WILL BE OPEN TO ONLY 12 YRS OF AGE & OVER BLACK BELTS!
In reading the rules and reviewing the divisions on the next page, please note the following key points regarding this year’s competition:
- Divisions will be determined on the basis of karate rank.
- Beginner contestants may only perform kata’s that are appropriate to their rank.
- We will use the flag system for all kata divisions.
- 18-34 Men’s & Women’s Black Belt Kata MUST perform different kata every round.
- We will be applying the new Senshu rule
- Available kobudo & special needs divisions.
- ALL 18-34 Black Kata & Non-Shobu Ippon Kumite Will Be Competing After Kobudo! ALL ADULT SHOBU-IPPON DIVISIONS WILL GO AT THE END!
Referee Attire: White dress shirt, grey slacks, red/blue tie, black shoes (blue blazar optional)
Thank you! Please feel free to write/call us directly:
Contact Amy Hung at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 909.275.0558, with any questions. I look forward to seeing you on May 20 for some great competition!
Yours in Shotokan,
AJKA-I – Director of West Coast National Training Center / www.AJKAI-USA.com
Director and Chief Instructor – Riverside Karate Club
AJKA-I – International Events Director / www.AJKAI-USA.com
Director and Head Instructor – Riverside Shotokan Karate / www.AmysKarate.com
Referee & Judge Meeting – 9:00am on the day of the tournament
Printable Registration & Division Sheet